Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Acknowledging Our Sponsors

Days before, when I confirmed that we had reached 30 sponsors, I immediately prepared the tags that would go with our packages.
All our packages had tags like this, albeit only first names of the donors were shared. For others, pseudonyms were used, as most of our sponsors would rather remain anonymous. Nevertheless, anonymous or not, I would like to thank our very generous sponsors from the Philipppines, US and Canada for supporting this project. Without you, this would not have pushed through.

One thing I would like to point out, and of which I am very proud of, is that all our sponsors ARE from Bacolod. They were either born here, studied here, and are working here. When I shared this tidbit with Sister Minviluz, she was very happy and proud to hear that, and said, it's good that you are going back to your roots - meaning that we chose to help out the kids in Bacolod rather than from some other places. It speaks well of the characters, as well as upbringing of the sponsors. #sniff sniff

I have received a lot of good words for doing this project, but truth be told,I was unemployed when I started working on this project in May, and so I had no monetary contributions to this project. All I did was contribute my time and effort in coordinating this project. All the kudos, the good words, the appreciation should be directed to our sponsors who have shared their hard-earned funds to support this project and buy all those supplies for the kids.

I may be the "face" of this project, but behind the face are some very generous donors, which, without their support, 30 kids would not be very happy as they were last Friday, when we finally turned over the packages to them.

My apologies if I cannot share with the general public pictures of the actual gift-giving. I promised Sister Minviluz I will only share the kids' pictures with the sponsors via private messages, and would not publish them to the general public, for the kids' security.

The kids sang a "thank you" song last Friday; unfortunately I was not able to video tape it. Suffice to say that the kids were very happy to receive your care packages!

No comments:

Post a Comment