Monday, June 10, 2013

From Manila to Bacolod, and the Ocular Visit That Did Not Happen

I arrived in Bacolod on Monday, May 27 on the last PAL flight out of Manila, but before that, I had to drop by PAL Cargo. I only had 10 kilos baggage allowance on the flight, but all the supplies I had already bought came up to about 40 kilos. I was advised to have it shipped via airline cargo - instead of paying php200 per kilo on excess baggage.

The blue bag and the box contained our supplies. 

I was on constant communication Gwen (the social worker assigned to the home) before and after arriving in Bacolod. I wanted to be certain of the supplies the kids needed, as well as finalize the schedule of the ocular visit and gift-giving. We agreed on Friday, May 31 for the ocular, unfortunately I got caught in the rain the night before, and was not feeling well the next day that the ocular did not push through. I tried again on Tuesday the next week, but it was raining hard in downtown Bacolod that I had no choice but to go home. Sorry guys, the ocular visit did not push through.

*For others, especially friends coming from abroad and are destined for the province: if you have time before your flight to the province, drop off your luggage at either Cebu Pacific Cargo at the old domestic terminal (now also known as Terminal 4) or at PAL Cargo, near Terminal 2 (take a right instead of taking the ramp up to the departures area; PAL Cargo is on the left). Both cargo terminals are open 24 hours. If you get there at least 3 hours before your flight, you and your luggage will be on the same flight, and you can immediately proceed to claim your baggage upon arrival at your destination. Cargo terminal at Bacolod is immediately on the right upon crossing the airport gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment