Tuesday, May 7, 2013

First Batch of Children's Books

Booksale is like a second home to me. No visit to the mall is complete without me dropping by to browse their stocks, and it's very very rare for me to leave the store without buying anything. 

So after watching Iron Man 3 this afternoon, I dropped by Booksale at SM Bicutan. I saw a sign that said children's books were on sale, from php35 up. I tried looking for books that cost just php35 but all I saw were books priced from php60 up. So I asked the sales lady and she helped me look for them. Turned out, there were A LOT of children's books priced below php35. I was excited, woot woot! 


 While the saleslady was digging around for more books, I sat down on the floor... yes on the floor (lol) to do my own digging. Between the two of us, we must have unearthed about 50 books. Since I was running low on cash then, I focused on whatever I could get with whatever cash I had with me that time. I ended up with 22 books, 12 of them hardbound. 

Can you guess how much all these 22 books cost? You'd be surprised at the amount, lol. All of these books are in English, and deal with a variety of topics. Most of them are illustrated story books, while some are educational - dealing with the alphabet, pronunciation, history, rock collecting and many more. I am sure the kids will love these books, all the more because they're getting them for free!

Once I start receiving contributions, I will scour all the other Booksale stores in my immediate area. If my luck continues, we should be able to include more than 1 book in each care package.

So what are you waiting for? Pledge to sponsor a care package now, and send in your donations!

No comments:

Post a Comment