Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Grade 1 Care Package

It's actually very very different to visualize something and actually have that something on hand. In a previous post, I have posted a picture of how I visualized the care package. Remember this? 
 
I had about 30 minutes before the movie Iron Man 3 was scheduled to start, and since I wasn't worried about getting a good seat having heard from the cinema attendants that there were not that many people watching anymore because 1, the movie is on its second week now, and 2, because it was a Tuesday, I went to National Bookstore to browse around and get a feel of the current prices of school supplies for elementary kids. 

Initially, I just wanted to look at the prices, but after a few minutes of going around the store, I kept forgetting the prices. I did not want to list down the prices without buying anything, as most stores frown upon that kind of behavior. Finally I decided to pick up the items that were on my preliminary list, and ended with these: 
 After dropping by Booksale for the children's books, and SM Department Store for a toy, I arranged everything and ended up with this:
The care package includes all items on the list below. I have also indicated the prices of all items in the package to give you an idea of how much it cost. Do note however, that all items were bought from National Bookstore, Booksale and SM Department Store's Toy Kingdom. If these were bought from wholesale places like Divisoria or Baclaran, we can easily expect the prices to go down by as much as 20-30%.
So please make your pledge now, and send in your donations. Vendors and stores tend to jack up their prices the closer we are to the start of the school year, so the earlier we are able purchase the supplies, the less expensive they are - the better for the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment